Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

This Weeks Garaging Finds

The Season has started up again. If you've been contemplating going garaging, now is the time. March and April are very big months for sales, especially community sales. I woke up Saturday morning and did a quick search on craigslist for community sales. When Ocotillo golf course came up, we decided to drive to Chandler and give it a try. I was NOT disappointed. Here's this weeks trash.

And these: Not the accessories, just the 2 iron pieces. I bought the bakers rack for $25 and the urn for $25. I've posted them on craigslist for $75 and $50, in hopes of earning some cash for Florida.Here's some up close shots and prices: The babystyle octopus infant toy was $3, pottery barn baby blanket $2, Glass hurricane $2, Pink Dress Jewelry holder .75, Topiary 1.00, Cinderella Carriage $3, Iron candlestick holder $3, Iron Urn $3 (I didn't buy just 1 of these, I bought 10- a caterer was selling tons of display pieces for cheap, with 6 daughters I figure I'll use them for a reception or shower.) Glass pedestal bowl $2.
Here are the other 9 urns. Luckily I have this huge empty cupboard in my kitchen.

Lot of pocket watches- $1 for all! (Can you tell I'm putting together a "Once Upon Time" theme?Ottoman $5, Quote with big iron key $1 (I plan on taking the key off and using it for something else), Glass basket $1, Antique wood shoe form $4, all the Iron bowls $2 each.

Decorative "Love" ball $1 and 18 pieces of designer clothes- $14. It will be a busy week listing on ebay.

And Finally- A wild Card. A guy was giving away this dryer for Free- does it work? No. Why would I want it? I believe I can take this down to the scrap metal yard and get some cash. I've never done that before, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'll keep you posted.

What a fantastic weekend. Love, Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Girl, you have hit the jackpot! WOW! You got some good deals there. Love all the stuff you got! Where in the world do you store all this stuff? I adore those little pocket watches. Can't wait to see what you do with those. Be Blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. And . . . could I use the urns for the wedding if I need them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Wait, let me say it again - WOW! You got some incredible finds! I'm hoping, no praying, that someone will be having a garage sale here this weekend. I'm salivating now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ottoman would look great covered in a french vintage feed sack! I'm looking for an ottoman to cover with one, I think they look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find some to the best stuff. Ohh I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete