Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Chalkboards

I can't seem to keep my chalkboards in stock at the shop so I whipped up three new styles. Here's a peek...Two are frames and one is made from what I think used to be a footboard on a crib? This one is my favorite...
I mod podged antique sheet music along the edge and I just love the square shape. I'll be going down again tomorrow- so I'll let you know if any sold. Don't forget to enter our give-away- leave a comment (on the give-away post only) each day until January 31. I can't wait to find out who the winner will be. Have a great weekend. Love, Kelly.

7 comments:

  1. I can see why you can't keep them stocked. They are very nice. Can I ask you what you use for the board part on the chalkboard? And do you use spray paint or brush on? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chalkboards... especially the crib one and the sheet music idea is great! You are so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. I also love that daily we get to hear about the adventures of either Kelly and Laura. Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas with the world...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindyrella,
    I use wood from my scrap pile- which this time meant the back of bead board was used- sometimes I use plywood- as long as it has a nice smooth surface. I use a foam roller to apply the chalkboard paint. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that square chalkboard you did with the sheet music! Wouldn't that be a great gift for a music teacher?!

    ReplyDelete