Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Wedding Centerpiece #4

Here we are with centerpiece number 4. If you missed 1-3 please start here. As always, I love to hear what you think.
The theme of this centerpiece is "A Love Letter For You" In the picture it says "Love Note" but I changed it because I thought by using the word letter explained the letter "H" for their last name-Hansen- I know, technicalities that probably no one will even notice- (but me)The green pedestal is one of Laura's goodwill finds- it's actually a lazy susan and spins. She was sweet to loan it to me and allow me to paint it any color I wanted. The books have their covers riped off (a pottery barn copy cat). I love the patina of the glue and this has opened up a whole new avenue for decorating. I can pick up vintage books with torn or damaged covers for .25. The vintage stamps are another Laura donation and the letter is one I found in a vintage book I purchased.
The ink well and calligraphy pen were just found this last weekend at a yard sale- a whole bag of goodies for $2.00. The little gold frame broach will hold a picture of the couple. Let me know what you think. If you've taken the time to see all four centerpieces, let me know if you think they are cohesive. Have a great weekend. Love, Kelly.

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, they all work together, and look great. I just love this theme, and this centerpiece is a favorite for me. I love old books, letters, pictures, etc. These centerpieces will be the talk long after the wedding is over because they are so unique. You are doing a great job with these Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! I would be walking around checking out the centerpieces! Really great ideas! Can't wait to see the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 is still my favorite, but I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your husband today! I'm thrilled with my sofa table, and I will update you when I finish painting it. Here is a link to my blog. I look forward to clicking around your blog. Have a great weekend.

    http://underthearizonasky.blogspot.com/

    ~natalie

    Go Wildcats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. me again....I just added pics of the sofa table to my last blog post and put a link to your blog in the post :) just wanted to let you know.
    natalie

    ReplyDelete