Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Next Event

I'm working on the decorations for a young women's New Beginnings night for our church. This is a night where we will welcome all those who will be coming into young women's during the year (girls turning 12 years old) and also honoring the current young women for their projects, service and accomplished goals during the year. Our theme is "New Beginnings: Lovin' It" We will of course be doing a Valentine type theme- so this is the jumping off point for the decor. The event is a week away- so I'll try to share my projects as I go. First is this beautiful frame turned chalkboard...
This will be on a table as the young women and their parents enter and the girls will be asked to write what they love about personal progress on the board. To learn more about what personal progress is visit here. Another project is this antique sheet music garland. It's super easy to make and looks so cute draped over the frame...
I found a great tutorial over at Minnesota Mom These can be made with scrapbook paper in any color.
I'm " LOVIN' " how it turned out. stay tuned for many more projects for this event- as well as what may be the biggest event for our family this year... My daughters baby shower! It happens to be the night after New Beginnings- so we are crafting like crazy over here- Don't worry, I'll be sharing it all on My Dear Trash- as long as I live through it! Have a great day. Love, Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment