Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Make-overs for Trash

I found this bookshelf at a church yard sale and thought it was so beautiful.  I’ve had it at Qcumberz for almost 6 months priced at $18.50 and it never sold.  
I just love it, but it might need a make over to get some attention.
I’ve been wanting to try a bright green color.  A little distressing, and here’s how she turned out.  Now that she’s home, I’ll see if she’ll sell on craigslist. 
This little picket fence was $2.00 at an amazing yard sale last weekend.  
The original color was a peachy pink, so I painted it white and due to Kelly’s inspiration on her Valentine’s love sign, I decided to spell out love and modge-podge it on.  This picket fence can be used as a tack board.  I love how it turned out.
I think this little wood bucket I found for $1.00 is a cute companion to my other trash.
Another modge-podge project?  This little vintage night stand was cute after I painted it white, but I wanted to add a little more cuteness to it, so I modge-podged some scrapbook paper to it. 
Eden is really into my high heel shoes.  I found this pair of J. Crew shoes at the thrift store for $4.99 and they fit me perfect, but Eden wears them around the house.  
I couldn’t believe when I found this amazing tricycle for $3.50 at the thrift store.  Here’s a typical night at my house, with all the kids playing while the sun sets.  The weather has been perfect and we spend all our time outside.
I’m heading out to do some shopping today.  Can’t wait to discover that next great treasure.  

2 comments:

  1. I loved Eden and your findings. Loved the bookshelf the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the night stand! And loved all the colors at your shop! And I love the love sign! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete