Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Trash To Cash Wednesday!

It was slim pickings at the thrift store this week, so I only had 27 items to list. I find that how much I make is definitely correlated to how many items are listed. On weeks where I list 60 new items (this is my average) I can almost always be guaranteed a $500 plus week. With only 27 new items, it works out to be about 50% less revenue. So lets take a look at the top sellers...J.Jill Size 14P Tan Graphic Cotton Skirt sold for $10.87Michael Kors Size XL black dress sold for 13.75
If you can find Grey's Anatomy scrub pants scoop them up. They consistently sell high. These size M black scrub pants sold for $14.49

These leather pants with gold thread pinstriping were a definite wild card. However, leather always seems to do well. These Women's Wilson's Maxima size 18 brown leather pants were my top seller this week when they sold for $14.99. So here's the totals...

Ebay Total:$329.36
Craigslist Total:0
Costs: 40.00(clothes), 35.55(ebay fees), 31.44(paypal fees)
Total Profit: $222.37

It's nice to take a little break every now and then and only list a few items. So wish me luck this week. Love, Kelly

3 comments:

  1. A grateful fan of your blogFebruary 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM

    Hi! Thanks so much for your blog! I continue to follow and appreciate your blog. I'm really glad for all the tips you share. I have a question for you, too.

    When you list a pair of jeans or pants, how do you know all the specifics to list? For example, sometimes you list pants as trouser cut. What is that and how do you tell? How do you tell if jeans are low rise, midrise, bootcut, classic, flare, skinny, long, wide, boyfriend, relaxed, etc.? If they are new with tag, I'm fine. Otherwise, I'm rather clueless. Also, how do you figure out the wash and if something is distressed because it's supposed to be or because it is really worn?

    Thanks so much for all your help!

    Keep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look at the hems to see if they are raveling that is a pretty good clue. Thank you Kelly and Laura I love your blog and info!!!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete