Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Big Challenge Week 12

Week 12! Only 4 more weeks to raise $4,000 for our Family trip to Florida. Ebay numbers are really climbing and I've got to give credit to my friend Cindy. Everytime she shares an ebay secret with me I make money- We all need a friend like this, so I thought I'd share some new experiments I'm trying. When I first started listing on ebay, I would price items between 5.50 and 9.00. If they didn't sell in 1 week they were relisted for .99. If they didn't sell for .99, I'd return them to Goodwill. Cindy mentioned she never goes lower than 2.99- So I started relisting at 2.99- Relist sales went up. The next time I visited with Cindy she mentioned she was relisting items at their full original price and having success. I tried this and have had amazing results. I've now had items that I've listed 3 times, that just got a bid. It's only .25 to list an item. I figure I pay $1.00 for the item- I should at least invest 1.00 in listing. The other lesson I've learned is that most of my clothing items sell with only 1 bid- sure there are a few items each week that get multiple bids, but the majority of items are 1 bid. This has lead me to list items at a little higher starting price. I'm listing jeans at 8.00 unless they're a special brand (I go higher) or if they're target brand or have a little wear on the back hem I'll start at $7.00. The more I learn, the more my sales grow- this was my highest week yet! So here's my top sellers ...Women's Express size 12 jeans sold for $15.50
Women's Tommy Hilfiger size 18 denim skirt also sold for 15.50.
And these Women's size XL Cherokee capris overalls sold for $16.51- Gotta love those overalls! Craigslist wasn't too shabby either...
Remember this framed mirror I got for free from the house that was being torn down? I sold it for $40.00.


These Cerwin Vega speakers were a gift from Mr. Right over 13 years ago. Now that he's installed a built-in system, we put them up on craigslist. It took several months, but they finally sold for 200.00! Hope these tips are helping your sells. Love, Kelly

Ebay Profits: This week: 206.76 Challenge Total: 1745.85
Craigslist Profits: This week 240.00 Challenge Total: 2000.00
This weeks Costs: 50.00 (clothes) -42.01 (ebay fees) -13.04(paypal fees) -0.00 (Cost to buy craigslist items)
Total Challenge Costs: 1070.97
Total Profit: $2674.88

No comments:

Post a Comment