Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Woman's Day

I've missed posting, but have had a great time being at Girl's Camp with two of my girls. Just a few hours after we arrived home yesterday- one of my daughter's began the journey of what we call "womanhood" I thought I would share a tradition that I started with my oldest daughter that makes getting this monthly gift something to look forward to, rather than dread. Woman's Day! This is a day of shopping for a new outfit, lunch and pedicures. I look forward to the opportunity to visit with my daughters about the blessings of being a woman and the amazing gift and responsibility of being a mother. I'm sorry I don't have pictures to post of our wonderful day- I'm trying not to completely humiliate her, but wanted to share how grateful I am to be a mother of 6 incredible daughters. My oldest is now married, my second oldest is leaving in 5 days for Germany and then off to college and I'm feeling the sting of letting themgo. I'm grateful for days like this where all that matter is our time together. Love, Kelly.

3 comments:

  1. No, I think that's darling! I never even told my mom that I started, and I hope I can build a better relationship in these kinds of things when with girls. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous tradition! Looking forward to doing it with my 10 year old daughter...time goes so quickly!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly:

    What a cool idea! It was a terrible day for me (I remember waiting for hours in an electronics store while my parents bought a big tv---huge for that time period) and this would have made it much, much better. If I ever have a girl, I'm doing this with her.

    Hugs,
    Edie

    PS: I finally bought a rug! It wasn't a shag one but it's a nice pottery barn rug that complements the living room a lot. And for $50, it's beautiful but I'm not worried about it getting dirty.... Now I need to fix the fireplace and hang up artwork...

    ReplyDelete