Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Anniversary & Trash to Cash Wednesday

Today I've been married to Mr. Right for 20 Years! This is the man who changed my life. He is an amazing husband, father, confidant, counselor and best friend. Where would I be today without him? I don't even want to think about it. Thank you Kevin, for being the light of my life; for accepting me for who I am, for doing all my crazy projects and loving me everyday. You are truly my Mr. Right for Now and all eternity.

Okay... enough of the mushy stuff and on to Trash to Cash Wednesday:

Who's excited to see how much I sold the Ikea wicker room dividers for??? For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about... Welcom to My Dear Trash. This past weekend I picked up 2 sets of Ikea wicker room dividers for $3 each. They were in perfect shape and still had the ikea stickers on them.

When I got home from garaging I immediately posted them on craigslist and with-in an hour they sold for $50 for the set! So excited. That was my only craigslist sell this week- remember, things move a little slower in the summer. Let's take a look at ebay. This week was all about dressing up. Although I only sold 28 items, and usually sell 50-60 items- everything sold in the 7-$10 range, so my profits weren't too bad. Here's my top sellers...This Horny Toad size small gray knit dress sold for $9.00. You can always tell a quality brand by the feel of the fabric. This was a nice heavy cotton.This beautiful Ralph Lauren size 12 white skirt sold for $9.00.Ann Taylor Loft size 0 Fushia knit dress sold for $9.00- so adorable.This is a new with tags J.Jill black size Large Tall skirt. It sold for $9.99
Ann Taylor Loft size 4 Black silk skirt sold for $10.50.

Another Ann Taylor Loft... This size 6 red dress sold for $11.12. And the top seller for the week...


Ralph Lauren size 18W denim skirt sold for $13.55. Not a bad week. Definitely not my best week, but respectable. Here's the totals...

Ebay Profits: This week: 238.70
Craigslist Profits: This week 50.00
This weeks Costs: 70.00 (clothes) -68.89 (ebay fees) -21.51(paypal fees) -6.00 (cost of craigslist items)
Total Profit: $165.32

We're still adding to the Boston Trip!!! Love, Kelly.








6 comments:

  1. YAY..
    I posted some high priced items on my ebay and am hoping to sell them. Quite few watchers but no bids yet. fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the 20 years! and the ikea room divider steal...Cash in your pocket, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Those Ann Taylor dresses are cute! I have an Ann Taylor dress I bought for myself at Goodwill that I'm now considering selling (don't care for the color). This gives me an idea of how I should price it.

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the profits made!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you do it? :) Ive been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now, and would LOVE to know how you do it! Haha I just love the fact that you go and buy second hand goods and sell them on ebay. :) So great! You should do a post on what is popular to sell, and how you know how to price it etc? Would be interested to know!
    Happy anniversary also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, I'd love a post on what is popular and how you know what to price it! I ventured into Craig's List, selling things we already own, and I think I'm addicted. Maybe I'll work up to Ebay in a couple of weeks. I'm just not ready to add shipping to the mix quite yet. :)

    And congrats on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete