Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

Cookies and Cocoa Baby Shower


I feel like I've been MIA for the past few days. I wish I could say I've been on some exotic vacation, but the truth is, I'm throwing a friend of mine a baby shower. I saw the idea for a cookies and milk baby shower here and decided, since this is December, that I could do a cookies and cocoa shower for her. The first order of business was, of course, the invitation. I designed a cocoa mug invitation (with mucho help from Mr. Right and Photoshop) that folds up and ties together. When you untie the bow it reveals all of the important information about date, time, etc. When I finished the first one I was so excited. So I sat down with my scissors, ribbon, hole punch and glitter glue and went to town. A day or so later I was finished with all 70 invitations! (Whew) However, when going over the invitation list just to make sure we included everyone, it was discovered we needed 35 more! 35? So, needless to say, I've been a little busy. But now that the invites are all finished and delivered I can get back to blogging! So.... A little tip.

While re-doing our guest bathroom a few weeks ago (hope to have pics later) I ended up breaking one of the glass globes on our light fixture. "No biggie" I thought. I'll just run down to home depot and get a replacement.

Well... They of course didn't have a matching globe. Mr. Right thought maybe we should just replace all of the globes, but at $7 a piece I knew I needed to think of a more frugal idea. Low and behold, the very next day while out garaging. We come across this beauty...



I ask how much? They say, $5. I buy a few more items- that total $8, ask if she'll take $5 for all of it. She takes $6! Excellent. I go home, clean the globes, and wahla! Here's my new light.

I actually like it so much better than before. These shades give a much warmer glow. I guess the moral of the story is... You can find ANYTHING you need at a garage sale. Just be persistant. I will continue to prove this is true in future posts. Happy Garaging! Love, Kelly







1 comment:

  1. The shower was a hit. I have no idea how many cookies I ate. I don't think I want to know.

    ReplyDelete