Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Adventurous One

My daughter will soon be 20 years old.  She's the adventurous one 

                                       


The bilingual one, the musical and fun one...

And now she has left for a study abroad program in Nicaragua.

We will have limited communication for the next four months- no cell phone, no laptop- but hopefully an occasional email from the university she'll be attending.  I have no idea what incredible adventures she will be part of... All I know right now is that sometimes, even when you know it's what's best for your children, it's hard to let go.  And that's all I have to say about that.  Love, Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I can sure relate, Kelly. My son leaves next month for China to study there for four months as well. It's hard to let go. Much grace and peace to you and safety to your lovely daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. And knowing Emmy, she will come back so full of stories and adventures and spunk . . . it will be worth every second.

    And I've missed you, my friend. Glad summer's over and life can return to normal. We need to auction again sometime . . .

    ReplyDelete