Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back from the Mountains . . .

. . . and we look a bit grungy, but we're happy.  We spent as much time as possible outside in the mountains or at the park or playing in any water we could find, including lots of rain. 
There was rain everyday 
and after the rain, the sky looked like this
and this
and this
When I see a sky like this, I remind my kids how much Jesus loves them.
Because I know He does.
The best part of the trip to Flagstaff?
Watching it through my daughter's eyes.
Let me have her tell you about our trip.
Eden's Diary 
(written by her mother)
My brother's hike faster then me,
 but I can catch up.
I want to throw rocks 
like Mayer.
and my other brothers.
Payson shows me how to spit on a black beetle bug.
He's cool like that.
I swing
while Reef climbs
and Mayer skates
and Payson rides the scooter.
Later, they all play UNO.
I wait.
And wait.
How long are they going to play this game?
Finally Reef wins, but he's only four?
Anyway, we walk to the skate park
and I ride the scooter with my dad
and my mom let's Reef have a turn too.
When it rains, we play at the library.
and have a puppet show.
My Grandma and Grandpa come to visit
and we play too.
The next day we go to the bookstore.
I want to scale the walls of the bookstore like my brothers do,
but my mom won't let me.
Am I to just watch them have all the fun?
Not me!  


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm so sad we weren't able to make it up there, but I'm glad mom and dad did! xoxo

    ReplyDelete