Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Doing what you love.

Author Herman Cane said:

I’ve heard before that when you do what you love, it won’t feel like work at all.
That’s the stage I’m at. 
I love getting out there and digging through trash.  I recently found this amazing dresser.
Here's a vintage coat hanger stand I found at Goodwill on $1.00 day.  My sweet friend, Debby painted it up for a wedding reception she helped decorate for. Painting it pink and draping it with pearls is something I would've never thought of.  
Debby borrowed my $1.00 corner shelf, which was so nappy and ugly when I brought it home, I wasn't sure what to do with it.  See what happens with red paint and ceramic angels!
And this $3.00 Italian easel I found at a garage sale sure cleaned up nice.
The wedding Debby hosted for Brittney and Joe was so much fun.
Debby is so talented.  She used vintage luggage in the food line.  This suitcase housed a big bowl of pasta.
She found these vintage doors and created an amazing backdrop for the wedding line.
Debby also is the creator of brooch bouquets.  You can check out her site, Top This Wedding here.
Shopping trash has created some amazing friendships for me, plus Debby is a huge source of inspiration.
I can’t believe how much my business has grown.  I’m buying trash I never thought I would.  I’m taking risks and it’s paying off.

Author Robert Kiyosaki said:

“The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”


Here's a woman who loves what she does.
Rhonda Baker Michaud is the owner of Sister Thrift, a thrift store in Boston.
Rhonda is asked:
What tips would you give to people who want to find a good deal at a thrift store? You need to visit a lot, since it's hit or miss. Many of our customers are here every day, and they get the best bargains. You also need to look through everything very carefully or you'll miss a lot .

I have no problem shopping every day.

Rhonda is also asked:
What's the best part of being a thrift store owner? If I rip my pants while working, I'll just go to the floor and buy a pair of jeans. I need sneakers now, so I'm hoping something comes in, in my size. I've become so frugal that I don't buy anything new, and we're living the good life because of that. We don't spend a lot of money, and we're not in a lot of debt.

Thrift store owner! 
Wouldn’t that be fun!

What do you love to do? 
Is it something you can do for a living? 
How does it bless your life?
Are you taking risks?

My friend, Collin Smith has told me for years he wants to be a toy maker when he grows up and it looks like he’s on his way.  He’s been accepted to a school back east to start on his Masters degree in something fantastic that totally has everything to do with making toys.
And he and his wife Ashlee just had there first son, Nolan.
Congratulations!  What a beautiful family.
This summer Collin is here in Mesa and Gilbert, AZ doing something he loves.  He is going to help kids DESIGN & BUILD their own toys at his own day camp! I know my kids will have a blast exploring, discovering, brainstorming, prototyping, and creating new toys!

If you want in on the action, check out his website at here.

Many times when we do what we love, it blesses not just our lives, but the lives of others.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said:

No comments:

Post a Comment