Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The BIG Challenge Finale!

I know I'm a week late, but I just had to report the final numbers for the BIG challenge. If you're just now joining My Dear Trash, the BIG challenge was for me to earn $5,000 in 6 weeks to pay for my daughter's wedding. I actually met my goal in week 5- but here's the results of week 6. I didn't have any new lists, since I was working on the wedding and didn't have time to go shop, so my only item to sell for over 10.00 was this dress.
Women's Liz Claiborne Size 16 White Floral Dress was purchased at a yard sale for .50 and sold for $31.09! I did, finally, have something sell on craigslist. I purchased this amazing trunk for $25.00 at a yard sale...
It took 2 months, but it finally sold for $80.00! Here's my final totals...

Ebay Sales: 235.13
Craigslist sales: 80.00
Costs: 0 (clothes), 43.76(ebay fees), 35.12(paypal fees) 25.00 (Cost of trunk)
This Weeks Profit: 211.25
Total Profit: 5220.61

I met my goal for the wedding and we actually were under on our $5,000 budget - I'll have more pictures and a break down of the budget coming soon. Love, Kelly.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kelly! Can't wait to see more details about the fabulous wedding.

    Hey, are you two still selling at Qcumberz?
    Edie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie,
    Yes we're still selling at Qcumberz- we are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making your goal and paying for the wedding in cash. Such an accomplishment! Can't wait to see more pictures. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going into withdrawal with no updates! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping all is well with everyone. I hit my first garage sales yesterday to start selling on ebay to pay off debt. Ya'll inspired this Texan!

    ReplyDelete