Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Shopping Trash for Baby Girl, plus My Top EBay Sales of the Week

With 4 boys, I never thought I’d have one of these:

This Work-Out Rainbow Care Bear from Goodwill (in perfect condition, I might add) sings “Let’s get physical.”

I paid $1.99 and bought it for baby girl, but it appears my little men can’t get enough of it.

While Rainbow Care Bear sings, she moves and shakes, bends and rolls and so do the boys.

Last night I went to bed singing “Let’s get physical” over and over again in my mind. I’ve never liked that song.

Every week or so, I go onto www.craigslist.com and search under the label Pottery Barn. If you love Pottery Barn, you’d be amazed at some of the great stuff selling. For obvious reasons, I’m attracted to the little girl items. I found a listing for a Pottery Barn Crib Set that I fell in love with. I called the woman selling it asked if she’d take $25.00. Like most occasions when buying other peoples trash, she just wanted to get rid of it. So, for $25.00, the counselor went and picked it up for me. It comes with the bumper, bed skirt, sheet and quilt. This set sells new for around $200.00.

I already have rows of dresses. These are all Laura Ashely I found at Desert Industries. I paid $2.00 - $4.00 a piece. They start at size 9 months and go up to 2T.

These others are Ralph Lauren, Baby Gap, Tommy Hilfiger and Gymboree.

And friends have already started with gifts, like this beauty from my darling girlfriend Amanda.

I can't wait to gift wrap baby girl up in this sweet thing.

I haven't started decorating baby girls room yet, but a few ideas I have brewing include this pottery angel sculpture I found at a yard sale for $3.00. She needs to be cleaned up and is broken at her arm, but I'm looking for some greenery or silk flowers to glue over that. I'm no Kelly, but I can plug in a glue gun (even though I usually burn myself).

I found this gorgeous print at D.I. and a frame to fit it. I'll take the old picture out of the frame and replace it with the new print.

And this vintage toy wood baby crib I found at Goodwill on half-off day for $3.00! I want to paint it pink and antique it. This may involve a trip over to Kelly's house. She does have that professional sander, you know.

EBay sales are hot, hot, hot! Here are my top sales of the week.

This classic Ralph Lauren Size 14 Denim Full Skirt sold for $14.37.

Another Ralph Lauren Classic? This Crisp White Size 16 Ralph Lauren Career Shirt sold for $15.50.

American Eagle is always in demand. These American Eagle Size 12 Lowrise Trouser Jeans sold for $21.25.

And finally, Harley Davidson pulls out the winner. These Size 6 Long jeans sold for $25.45.

People are always looking for cute name-brand clothing. More and more people are buying used because they know they can get a bargain. I know I love a bargain too, but that's probably obvious by now!


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I just became a follower,but honestly I have been "following" for sometime now!!! I really want to start selling on ebay and your blog has made me really excited to try it! I just have to get over being intimindated by it! Well anyway, thanks again for such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just discovered you blog and I love it! love reading about your thrifty shopping adventures and see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete