Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Bunk Bed Ladder Repurpose

Here's the green bunk bed ladder I picked up for FREE last weekend at a garage sale. I'm in the process of creating a craft room (pictures coming soon) so here's what I did with it...
Repurposed it into a ribbon holder. Now, I can't take credit for this idea because when I got the ladder I noticed it had holes drilled all down the sides. I asked the giver about it and she said she used it to hold ribbon. I knew all I had to do was a aged paint treatment, buy a few dowels and voila! Here's an up close
And another
I did have to break out the power saw again to cut the dowels down to size- so exciting! Hope you enjoy. Love, Kelly

Linking up to
I did it without my husband at Shanty 2 Chic
Make Your Monday at Twice Remembered
Make it For Monday at Cottage Instincts
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed's







12 comments:

  1. Now I just need a bunk bed ladder! I love this! Way cuter than my pants hanger turned ribbon holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing--will have to try to find a similiar ladder myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I have so much ribbon and am always looking for great ways to store it...thanks, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea and lovingly brought to live. Have fun with your ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this idea. Just today I was thinking my what I thought was adequate, pretty and clever rbbon storage has suddenly become inadequate, overflowing and not so fabulous. this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I want one! This is too cute...and functional...and cute...and functional.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea, I just found your blog and it's great, I'm now a follower. Have a great Monday. Smiles, Carol Mae

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a brilliant girl. What a great use for a freebie ladder. I also love that frame in the picture. I can't wait to yard sale season to start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very "green" idea and nice looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, this blog is great.
    RV Bedding

    ReplyDelete