Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

India Hicks is Royalty, but am I?

I discovered a woman I adore & I want to be just like.

She’s gorgeous, lives near the sea and wears long flowing white dresses.

Who is she?

India Hicks

She is the God daughter of Prince Charles and daughter of famed Interior Designer David Hicks and Lady Pamela Mountbatten Hicks. She is a mother, model, author and entrepreneur.

She says “Every generation has a responsibility to empower and affirm the next generation; It is time for us to celebrate our children.

Don’t you love her too?

My path towards finding her went like this.

Last year I found a gorgeous organic cotton nightgown from Crabtree & Evelyn at Goodwill.

I’d seen the store Crabtree & Evelyn at Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall, so I knew the nightgown was top quality. I paid $3.99 for it and have been wearing it ever since. By the way, I looked on-line, and these nightgowns can cost up to $110.00. I sleep so much better at night knowing this.

Several weeks later while reading a magazine, I came across this picture.

I stopped and stared (more like drooled).

Who was this woman and why was she living the life I was supposed to be living?

Not only did she live in the Caribbean on her own island! Not only was she royality! Not only was she gorgeous, I mean stunning! But she had boys and one daughter!

Cute children full of sunshine!

This was a woman I admired. She lived near the sea & helped the environment, plus I loved her hair.

The article said India Hicks had a new perfume line with . . . Crabtree & Evelyn.

I never thought I'd step foot in Crabtree & Evelyn. There's no bargain shopping there, but the next day I went to Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall and looked over her products.

"I had to have it," I said to the counselor when I returned home and I held up my new bottle of India Hicks Island Nights Perfume. " Don't I smell like the sea and sunshine and happy children?"

My justification?

When you buy everything dirt cheap, you can afford expensive perfume.

So how do I compare to India Hicks, with my new perfume, my night gown from Crabtree & Evelyn and my children full of sunshine.

What about my photos by the sea, my long white flowing dress? I've never even been to the Caribbean.

I love the environment and run my own business. I want to be a published auther, but somehow my life isn't so glamorous. Here's a day in my life.

A quick run to Costco.

$1.00 day at Goodwill.
I think they were happy when we left.
The counselor and his daily task of cleaning out the water we live next to.
I own my own mountain, of laundry!
My baby sits in the not-so-Caribbean blue water of the utility sink.
Working through the night to take my photos for EBay, at least trying to.

It's obvious, my life is nothing like India Hicks.

But wait!

Here I am with long flowing hair, in a gorgeous white dress and my prince, near ocean blue water and a castle. I do feel like royalty.

I love you, baby.

I love you, India Hicks!

5 comments:

  1. It's all about perspective. Your white dress was photographed by the water, too! Just rarer in the AZ desert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't compare too much. The reality is there is no comparison. You have an eternal marriage. Worth more then anything she can come up with;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is $1.00 day at the Goodwill only a local thing? I've never seen it in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH you are so gorgeous on your wedding day!!! You are so fun and i love reading your posts.
    When you buy everything dirt cheap, you can afford expensive perfume. That is so true. HAHAHA
    For the pretty girl...She may be nasty and her husband a cheater...Appearances fool you. You need a second honey moon on an island girl!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are up on my blog!! Because i love you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete