Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Only half of the China hutch, please.


I'm always on the look out for a gorgeous dresser, but when I was shopping a few weeks ago what I found was a gorgeous China hutch.  I have worked on China hutch's before and wasn't interested in taking on such a large project.  Just the thought of taping off the glass gave me the chills and there was no way it was fitting into my SUV.  

I was just about to leave the thrift store when I had an idea.  The China hutch came in two pieces and I had a feeling that bottom piece would look just fine as a buffet.  Since the price was right, I bought that China hutch, only to donate the top hutch back to the thrift store.  I brought home my gorgeous, heavy, solid wood dresser and painted it a creamy white.  
It was still a huge project, but painting is my therapy.
I guess I need a lot of therapy!
Linking up to:

3 comments:

  1. It is perfectly lovely! Nicely, nicely done.
    We did the same, recently. My DIL wanted a dresser but not the top, it was 1/2 price day @ GW, so she just re-donated the top. Then as they were loading it, they scratched it, so they knocked more money off it. It started as $150 & she got it for under $25. She was painting it anyways, so it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous! Funny, I have the top half of a hutch sitting in my garage and I'm wondering what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. May I know where I can get one of this?

    ReplyDelete