Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This Weeks Garaging Finds

Here's this weeks trash.
I found a perfect condition contoured baby changer for Laura's nursery. I'll need to get a new cover in pink, but for $2, it was an excellent find- These are $40 new. The antique oval frame with glass will be perfect for the french bakery scene I'm working on for our elementary school bake sale. It was also just $2.00Isn't this scalloped tray adorable? Just $2. It was definitely monopoly weekend again (I actually found 4 games, but one ended up out of the picture) at $1 each I was thrilled to get a star wars version. Also pictured here is an adorable iron rooster basket-$2, a solid brass compass sign -$3, pampered chef small square dishes, never opened for just $1. And remember the party favors at Laura's shower? I picked up 4 packages for $1 this weekend- I know I'll use these in the near future.
Cookie jar with wood lid- $1, Shelf with antique spools of thread as hangers-.75, This little handled bowl is actually made by Hall- very collectable. I picked it up, as well as the adorable scalloped tray for $1 each.
This like new ariels magical talking kitchen was $15. It came with a basket full of play food. This will make a nice resale item on craigslist- after my girls play with it for a little while.
This radio flyer plastic wagon was a little sun bleached and has a crack at the top of the door, but for $4 I knew it would sell on craigslist. I was right! Check back tomorrow to find out how much it sold for.
And of course the $3 broken clock that was needed for parts only. Read about how she was used here.
Overall it was a great weekend of trash collecting. Join me tomorrow for an update on The Big Challenge. Love, Kelly

4 comments:

  1. What lovely treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clock and the oval frame are by far my favorites! I love the white tray too. I had one sitting in my "greenhouse" and actually just gave it a fresh coat of white paint over the weekend! Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You and Laura have inspired me!

    Last week I got unity candle holders from Goodwill, spray painted them, used my 40% off coupon for the spray paint, and made my friend's unity candle and tapers look gorgeous! Then, I bought a beautiful clock at a garage sale and fixed it for free. Now, I'm thinking about photographing the tree in my backyard, developing it into a huge sepia toned poster, and framing it using the next frame I find at Goodwill.

    Thanks for the inspirations!
    Peace,
    Edie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and I bought a Radio Flyer tricycle for my little boy off of Craigs list for $10 and bought bright yellow spray paint to fix it up for 50 cents at a garage sale. Like I said, you two have inspired me!

    Edie

    ReplyDelete