Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nursery Dresser #2

Here's the before picture of the second dresser for Laura's nursery. It's the right color, but if you look closely you can see the finish is in pretty bad shape and someone decided to "distress" it with what appears to be a staple gun.
Here's a little closer look...
Because of all the little holes and dings. I recruited my 6 year old to fingerpaint with some wood filler. They're never to young to start to refinish furniture!
After a good sanding, a few coats of primer, paint, lots more sanding and a small repair job on one of the support boards, here she is ready for the nursery.
The contoured diaper pad I picked up for $2 fits perfectly, making this a great dresser and changing table. All I need now is a pink cover...
Here's a closer look at those fun glass knobs...
I can't wait to actually get into the nursery for some paint and decorating- Hopefully next week. Also Stay tuned for a beautiful hope chest I'll be refinishing for the nursery. It's been so fun to get to help Laura to prepare for her first little girl. Love, Kelly

Linking Up To:

Get your craft on Thursday @ Life As Lori

Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

I Made it! @ Everything Etsy



4 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks fantastic! I can only imagine what it would cost to buy one in a cute little shop...too much! Thanks for joining us with your great project!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable. What a cute piece for a nursery! I love that you have your 6 year old filling in nail holes - hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job! this turned out great!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party. Don’t forget to stop by and enter my giveaway. I’ll announce the winner at next weeks party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks terrific! Can't wait to see the completed nursery!

    ReplyDelete