Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Big Challenge Week 3

Only 13 weeks left to raise 4,000 for our trip to Florida- Good thing it was a HUGE week on craigslist. Ebay didn't do too bad either. Here's my top sellers for ebay:Lucky button fly jeans $9.50 Women's Ralph Lauren size 2X button down shirt: $12.15. And the big seller... J. Crew size 12 Tall jeans: $16.38. This week I listed 31 items- 13 of those sold as well as 10 items from last week that were relisted for .99. Total collected $162.58. Now for craigslist:Remember the little white cabinet I bought for $10.00 at a garage sale? Sold for $40.00 and I didn't have to do a thing to it. This is Mr. Right's childhood dresser that his parents no longer wanted. Despite it's outdated appearance and the fact that it's not real wood- Sold $40.00The chair! You didn't sell the chair, did you? (I know you're what you're thinking) After a little google research I couldn't find that it was worth the 249.99 or 99.00 price Goodwill appraised it at- so as a wild card I listed it for $75.00 and it sold for $65.00. Laura's $1 purchase was a big money maker (don't worry, we're slitting the money- might be a potential side business for the two of us) And this weeks BIG seller... A leather sectional we've been storing. It once belonged to my inlaws, then it lived in our TV room, then last year we stacked it in the spa room. With permission from my inlaws I posted it on craigslist and sold it for $275.00 the next day! Gotta love craigslist. I think the best part is- there are no fees.
I've still got my vintage looking dominoes listed for $40, a rocking chair, nightstand and ceiling medallion. Hoping to find some great treasures to re-sell this weekend. Here's the updated tally...

Ebay Profits: This week: 162.58 Challenge Total: 379.51

Craigslist Profits: This week $420 Challenge Total: 440.00

This weeks Costs: -25.00 (clothes) -31.19 (Paypal fees- OUCH!) -10.00(white cabinet) -32.50 (laura's profit) Total Challenge Costs: 197.68

Total Profit: 621.83


Wish me luck. Love, Kelly












2 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful. I can't wait to see that total hit $4000.00. You'll be there before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed by the effort to earn that huge sum of money! Your family is lucky to have someone like you workin' hard for their fun!

    ReplyDelete