Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Here's Looking at you, Finova Real Estate Group

It’s happened more then once, and it’s sure to happen again. I find a great article of clothing, in this case a Ralph Lauren XL Navy Sweatshirt. 
 It’s in nice condition, soft and plush with a red Ralph Lauren logo on the front (important when selling Ralph Lauren items, if it has an outer logo, it will sell for more). I buy this sweatshirt for $1.00 and by the end of the week, I've listed it on eBay for $9.99.
A bidding war starts and when the listing ends, the sweatshirt has sold for $25.00. It’s my top sell of the week. I recently figured out how to print my postage at home, so I print off a shipping label and find the sweatshirt to package. I fold it once, fold it over again and that’s when everything stops. I can’t believe it.
Look what I have staring back at me!
On the slim chance the customer who bought this shirt is a member of the Finova Real Estate Groups, he is going to be thrilled, otherwise, I have a problem.
I can’t sell a sweatshirt for $25.00 that’s been embroidered on. It’d be like selling a dress shirt with the monogram D.T. to a guy with the initials J. R. I’ve picked up Tommy Bahama shirts not knowing until I’m home they’re advertising a golf course or golf tournament on the sleeve.
So, sorry customer of the Ralph Lauren XL Navy Sweatshirt. After I emailed you the dilemma, I gave you the option to purchase it for $1.00, but you didn’t want it even at that. After all the work to win it, I had to refund your money.
It’s a nice 65 degrees. I have a cup of peppermint tea next to the computer I’m sipping on. I’ve requested a refund of my pre-paid postage. I’m wearing fuzzy slippers and a very cozy Ralph Lauren XL Navy Sweatshirt with a Finova Real Estate Group logo.
And if anyone out there is a member of the Finova Real Estate Group, I wish you great success and there’s something I want to sell you.
And, on a different note, Kelly and I are busy on our latest project.  To be announced later today.  We are so excited!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I see so many of those darn logos on otherwise really nice men's shirts! You've got me all anxious waiting for a new post - I want to know what the new venture is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that stinks. Im doing great on ebay but no such luck on craigslist. Do you have any pointers and secrets you can let me in on? Thanks for all the inspiration girls. Keep up the GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, so sorry that happened. If only there was an easy way to remove those pesky things! Can't wait for your next post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought a tommy h shirt once at a thrift store and got it home to see it says 'tj max 4 million hours - no injurys' Hubby still wears it!

    ReplyDelete