Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Craigslist dresser redo, but not by me

I recently received this email:


Laura,
I don't know if you remember me, but I bought this dresser from you about a month ago. You said you would like to see it after we finished refinishing it. Well, here it is.
 

before:
after:

This was our first attempt at a distressed paint treatment. We kept it fairly simple to match another piece we have in our room. We just love it.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year.



Thank you for thinking of me and I love, Love, LOVE what you did.  
Here's the story of the dresser. I purchased it about 5 years ago at a yard sale and paid $100.00 for it.  The owner said her grandfather had made it.  She was sad to part with it, but was moving and no longer had the room to store it.  
The dresser looks like a real show piece.  I didn't flip this piece for a profit, but sold it for the $100 I paid for it.
Craig's list is really hopping.  I've sold many pieces over the past week.  Here are a few of my latest finds I'm hoping to sell.
This credenza buffet is 80 inches long and weighs about 200 pounds.  Yummy, isn't she. I think its from the late 1960s.  
Can you imagine how beautiful this piece would be if Kelly got her hands on it.  She'd paint it black, distress it and we'd all want to keep it for ourselves.
Vintage dressers sell like hot cakes.  Here's a cute one I've found.  
I must comment on the staging.  It's horrible.  Can you see my grass trimmer on the side?  I know, and I can't believe I call myself a professional.  Well, the counselor has been working a lot and the dresser has been sitting in my garage for over two weeks.  I couldn't  wait any longer for him to help me carry it in, so I decide to just photograph it as it (of course, after I add the vintage vase and flowers on top which is a nice touch).
A vintage coffee table
and a vintage end table.
Remember, I'm an "As-Is" girl, so I don't redo or touch things up (partially because I don't have the talent and partially because I don't have the patience).  I sell the furniture pieces I find as-is and still make a decent profit.  I'll let you know how they sell.  

4 comments:

  1. Laura! I love these dressers! I want the second one down-is it still for sale?! I LOVE it! It's so mid-century modern-I could die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresser looks amazing. Can't wait to see these go for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing transformation! :) Love it! I am just developing a love for black furniture... :) Love the dressers too. All so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would take that credenza off your hands in a second! It is almost exactly what I have been looking for!

    ReplyDelete