Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trash to Cash Wednesday

What is this a picture of ?Trash? Good Trash! This is a tractor lawn mower grass catcher. My father in-law was headed to the dump with this. Mr. Right grabbed it up and we sold it for $80.00 on craigslist. Making money off trash is fun, but saving our landfills is even more rewarding. Here's something else we sold on craigslist this week; I picked up these two barstools for $5 each at a yard sale...They were really dirty and pretty banged up, so I gave them a good sanding and a coat of Rustoleums Semi-Gloss black.

These sold this week for $40.00. Not bad. Let's take a look at my ebay top sellers for the week...

I picked up this Ralph Lauren size large peach cotton sweater for .50 at a yard sale. It sold for $10.50Laura recently sold a life is good t-shirt on ebay for over $19.00, so when I found this Good Vibes by Life is Good size small gray shirt at a yard sale for .50, I thought I'd give it a try. It sold for $10.60- Another label to be looking for.Leather always seems to do well on ebay. I'm not sure if people still wear it, or if they use it for crafts and such. Either way this Old Navy size 12 black leather skirt sold for 12.50Polo by Ralph Lauren size large navy knit dress sold for $15.05


Here's another Ralph Lauren sweater. I bought this at the same yard sale as the peach one- this too was .50. I planned on putting them in a lot, but when reading the fabric tag discovered this one had cashmere in it and CASHmere always means CASH. This Women's Ralph Lauren size large black cashmere sweater sold for $32.00. Seems like things are really picking up on craigslist and ebay. Customers are gearing up for back to school and the holidays so if you've ever thought about starting to resale, now might be a good time. Here's my weeks totals:

Ebay Profits: 449.60
Craigslist Profits: $120.00
Costs: 51.00 (clothes), 68.97(ebay fees), 21.69 (paypal fees) 10.00 (cost of craigslist items)
Total Profit: 417.94

Everything I earn is now going toward a new computer! For a mere $2500.00 I can have the most up to date Macintosh computer that will help me make even more money on ebay and craigslist. Only $2082.06 more to go! Love, Kelly

1 comment:

  1. How in the world do you get all this done? Could you write a post on that, because I am in awe of your productivity. Serious awe. I have one child and can't do 1/3 of what you do in a week.

    ReplyDelete