Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sugar

Does anyone remember this scene from the movie Baby Mama?


Seriously, one of the funniest clips I've ever seen in a movie.
This weekend, I lived through my own, but certainly not my first Baby Mama experience.
I hear the water running, peak in the bathroom and gasp.
It looks like Reef is up to no good, doesn’t it.
The question runs through my mind "What is he covered in?"
What type of horrible mess will I see just around the corner by the toilet?
And then I realize he's covered in chocolate.
And thank heavens because he's already licking at his wounds.
This is what happens when chocolate chips collide with a two-year old.
Lucky for me, the mess isn’t too bad.
But wait.
What’s this.
Just after I clean up, I hear the water running in the bathroom again.
I walk in and this is what I see.
It looks like Mayer is up to no good.
The question runs through my mind again.
Plunger in the sink?  Brown milky water?
Oh my!
But it appears Mayer has been helping the counselor dig in the garden
And now he's taking the opportunity to rinse his muddy hands off in the sink (only the drain is clogged and he needs some major Mom intervention).
Am I upset?
Considering it's not what I thought it was, I help clean up without even raising my voice.
Despite these close encounters of the messy kind, the weekend is full of hugs
and plenty of baby sugar.
Just ask Little Sis, posing on her own vintage sheet table cloth.
Watch out!  She drools, but even that's precious.
She's all ready for some sweet sugar from Chandler,
Mayer,
and all her brothers.

I hit the Pottery Barn "trash" jack pot with these $3.99 chairs from Goodwill
and my $12.99 Pottery Barn toy box?
and my Pottery Barn baby mobile I bought off Ebay for $10.49.
This weekend I'm happy my sugar came from babies, chocolate and Pottery Barn.  Considering the alternative, I feel pretty lucky.
Linking up to:
Jenny Matlock


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You're children are absolutely adorable. I'm a little jealous because I sort of want one. Please don't take that strangely. They are just super, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the nonstop adventuring that is mommyhood :D Love it! And I'll be posting an award for you over on my blog this morning. thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad it was chocolate! Oh what a smelly alternative it would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so cute! I'm betting you have a little tomboy on your hands there with all of those big brothers! Love that photo of the boys with little sis...ahhh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet link-up to Jenny's rainbow. I think you caught every single color. Besides, I don't really care 'cuz the kid are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I don't miss those little kid messes. Come to think of it, they are easier than big kid messes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just loved the messy story, but I have to say those pictures of that precious little girl are simply awesome and I love the toy box one too~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really are lucky. My little guy loves the plunger too. He is always trying to fix the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute kids...instead of the "terrible twos"...we'll just call it the chocolate twos...Peace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your Pottery Barn creations! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Bet you were never so glad to see chocolate in your life. Life with kids, never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this post! I've had that dilemma myself with Kids and Grands...sadly, though, it wasn't chocolate. Ewwww...

    Those vintage dresses on your daughter are soooo cute...I love the cherry one. You'll have to do so something clever with that one when she outgrows it.

    Thanks for a fun and funny link to Rainbow Summer School.

    I always enjoy visiting you and seeing your treasures...both children and junk finds!

    A+

    ReplyDelete