Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

American Pickers

Has anyone heard of this show American Pickers?
Image found here.
ABC News says:
If it seems like there's only garbage on TV lately, there's a good reason. "Trash" has become cable television's treasure. In April the History Channel had its highest ratings ever, bolstered by a runaway hit, now among the top 10 shows on cable.
Read about it here.
Seriously, this show had me knee-slapping laughing my head off.  It's so stinking clever and fun and just great (plus that Mike guy is easy on the eyes).
The ABC article continues by saying:
"American Pickers" averaged 3.8 million total viewers in its first season of ten episodes. Not bad for an idea Wolfe says he tried to pitch for four years, shooting homemade episodes with Fritz using a small video camera. When he showed his "pilots" to executives at History, Wolfe says they knew they had a hit. Now "picking" has turned Wolfe and Fritz, a couple of middle-aged, blue collar antiques collectors from Iowa into an overnight sensation.
The neat thing about it is they use Amercian History as a backbone to their trash collecting.  It seems they do pretty well with re-selling the items they find.  Take a look.
Here's a clip of what they do.
So, what do you say, Kelly.  Do you want to go on the road?  What fun we would have shopping trash and talking fashion. 
This clip is so much fun.  These guys are naturals.

Trash is catching on.  What will you find this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. My husband and I LOVE this show! It's one of the few things to watch that we both equally enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched what must have been a marathon of the show the first time we had seen it. LOVED it. My favorite was the one where the older man had a huge collection of just about everything and all of it was valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love American Pickers! I DVR it so we never miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I not heard of this before?!! Now I've got a new show I need to watch.
    yourstorybookending.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby and I love this show too. He works at nights and I work during the days but thankfully his days off are Sunday and Monday. We LOVE American Pickers and Pawn Stars, it's our standing date every Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw it for the first time this weekend. How have I not seen it before? I couldn't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this show!!! I wish I could do what they do! I would love to pick through people's junk every day of my life. However, I can only imagine the creepy crawleys that live in the junk they pick through. Don't know that I could handle that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!! I even DVR it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't watched the show, but have definitely heard good things about it! Seriously that would be the best job - Ever.

    ReplyDelete