Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

This Weeks Garage Sale Finds

This week's garage finds were all about BIG impressions. Although I did pick up a few little things...Like these urns: 4.00 for the stone one on the left and $2.50 for the metal one on the right. The iron stone bowl was just .50. But mostly it was about a few LARGE items. Can't wait to show you what I'll do with this metal scrolly door...I love it so much, it's kicking off an entire redo of my entrance way. It was $40.00. How about this gorgeous dining table with 6 chairs...



It also came with this china hutch...
Can you see all the dust and dirt on these pieces? These were being stored on a back patio with 3 huge dogs. The only casualty was 2 corners of the hutch...


I will have to use my very best restoration skills to fix this one. You won't believe the price when I tell you what I picked the entire set up for... Are you ready?... $50.00. These people had no where to put the set and just wanted it gone! This one will take some work- I don't have a place for the table or the top of the hutch, so those will go in the estate sale- If I can get them cleaned up in time. So, another great weekend. How was yours? Love, Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Those prices blow me away! I can never find great deals like that in Flagstaff, so perhaps I need to pay a visit to the valley for yard sales?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to sell furniture retail and that set is by Universal and would sell new for at least 4K. So great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table and cabinet were amazing finds. I bought a table for 3x that amount and it's not nearly as fantastic as what you picked up...PLUS THE CABINET!!! You are my hero!
    yourstorybookending.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you really did find such wonderful things. Love the table, chairs and the hutch. Fabulous. The urns are wonderful too. Can't wait to see everything all fixed up. That door is totally gorgeous. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm DYING over all that stuff for 50 bucks. The chairs alone would have been worth every penny of the 50 dollars. AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those are some amazing finds. I love the screen door. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total score! Nobody was in the urns right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to find some pretty sweet deals like this when I lived in Idaho, but out here in Maine, it seems like everyone is convinced their stuff is vintage antiques and they either sell it in antique stores or want outlandish prices.

    I would have had a hard time believing $50 for that set. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We bought our dining room table at a yard sale about 15 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the scrolly door. It is absolutely stunning. The table and urns are beautiful but nothing compares to that door. No wonder it inspired a redo of your entrance. I'd redo my HOUSE for that door.

    ReplyDelete