Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ramblings of a Busy Housewife Day 4

Up at 5:45am (made the bed-yeah!) and was happy to see the kids were already up and lunches were made! Love that 14 year old of mine. I whipped up 4 dozen cupcakes for the high school band dinner and seminary dessert day and ran to the post office to deliver packages. Today was Goodwill dollar day so I loaded up the 2 year old and went shopping. I found 16 items- some are for summer- but a pretty decent collection. I started to work on some painting projects, but the wind was a little heavy today and (do I dare say?...) It was COLD- well cold for Arizona! So today was an opportunity to relax- play with my 2 year old and then take my 22 year old to Sam's Club. When we arrived home it was time to take the puppies out (I don't think I've mentioned that we had 5 white labradors born on September 4- they'll be ready for homes a week from Sunday- pictures coming soon) We spent a few hours playing outside and then it was time for Mr. Right and I to attend our Strengthening The Family Class. After 6 children you might think we should be teaching the class, but let me tell you, the saying, "It's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks," completely applies to our situation. I'll be sharing more about the class in a future post, but trust me, it's been a fantastic class and has made me a better parent, spouse and I'm sure better future grandparent. I off to bed- early up tomorrow for garaging- I promise I'll take some pictures, so you get more than just a long winded post. Hope you had a great day too. Love, Kelly.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving these posts! They motivate me to accomplish as much as I can too!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the garaging. Have a great day yourself! I actally think this comment will go through after pulling my hair out trying to figure out why none of the others would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious that your Goodwill has dollar days. Ours never has any sales.

    ReplyDelete