Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Ramblings of a Busy Housewife Day 1

How about a change of pace this week? I thought I'd journal about what I'm doing each day. Why? Because it's a crazy busy week and I think this may be the only way I'm going to get everything done- By sharing my schedule it kind of holds me accountable for my time- Well here goes!

My day begins at 5:35 when Mr. Right asks if I'm ready to get up. I roll over and sleep another 10 minutes. I then make smoothies and toast for breakfast and pack 3 lunches for the kids. We read an article from the Ensign (You can learn more about that here) Mr. Right leaves for work at 6:10 and takes our 14 year old to drop off for Band practice. I photograph my weeks ebay items (with the help of my 8 and 12 year old) I download the photos and get my 38 items listed by 11:30am. Here's this weeks haul...
After the 8 and 12 leave for school I find a piece of wood in our scrap pile and paint it brown...
Why? Because I think I'm going to make a "HOME" sign out of it. I let it dry and remember I need to finish up some sweater pumpkins to take to the shop tomorrow...
I tried a striped sweater this time and a burlap sack Laura gave to me a few months back- I think I like how they turned out. I then go back to the wood scrap pile and lay out some pieces to attempt to make an old gate. I'm interrupted by irrigation. I have to open the valve to allow the water to flow into our yard and water our plants and grass. Kids start to come home and then it's off to piano practice and rush home to start a spaghetti dinner. I finally get back to my wood pile, pull out the man tools and put together what I think looks like an old gate...
I need this for a display piece for a craft day were having at the end of the month. Then we gathered our family for Family Home Evening (learn more about that here) and decorated the house for Halloween. You can see what we did last year here- I haven't added anything new this year- YET! But I have at least one idea I can't wait to get to and share. The kids are now in bed, my auctions ended from last week- so I've just finished sending invoices and it's off to the shower! What did you do today? I'd love to hear from you. Love, Kelly.

1 comment:

  1. Love the striped pumpkins! They are so cute. My days are winding down now that my "baby" is a senior in high school. Most my efforts are geared toward down sizing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete