Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goal Update

Here's the first piece I tackled this week.A $25 buffet I picked up this weekend at a garage sale. The plan was to use a gray oops paint from home depot. After sanding the top- there were big scratches- I decided to do a two tone with lots of distressing- I just love when a piece speaks to me and tells me it wants. Here's the finished product...
I had every intention of staging this beautifully for you- but it is a beast! It was all I could do to move it with my daughter inside the front door. Here's another look...
I used minwax ebony stain on the whole piece and then Clorox wipes to remove the excess. The alcohol in the wipes takes off most of the stain and just leaves a nice finish.
I painted inside the bottom cupboards- but not inside the drawers. I'm heading outside to paint up a few more pieces- Hopefully I'll share a few on Friday. Let me know what you think. Love, Kelly.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I did the same thing with our coffee table used the same ebony stain on top and white on the bottom, please feel to check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! Great color choices.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to paint a piece like this for a long time. I love the black and white. You do such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete