Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Potato Sack Pillows

I just wanted to share a quick idea with you.  I recently acquired 27 Idaho potato sacks for a steal of a price.  Since I don't sew, I had my slip cover guy stitch them up for me and make pillows.  Here' how they turned out...



My favorite is the Penny Pincher!  Love those colors.  Because the sacks were a loose weave we were unable to put in zippers- so they are just sewn around all 4 sides.  Also, each pillow was first covered in a burlap cloth in order to hide the white of the pillow.  Let me know what you think.  Also, I'll try to make a decision on my new buffet and let you know SOON.  I really love the piece- however, I'd really like to  paint it in a fun color -not black.  I wanted to let everyone that loves the wood know that this is a piece that has to be painted- the veneer is chipped and there are deep nail holes in the top of the piece.  A little wood putty and paint and it will look good as new.  Thanks for all of the comments- it really helps to hear everyone's ideas.  Love, Kelly.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fabulous. I love the sacks. Such great lettering. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to buy the Penny Pincher pillow. Any chance? Would look terrific in my house. Loving the blog!!
    penny
    penne427@aol.com

    ReplyDelete