Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trash to Cash Wednesday

Last week I made enough to pay for a little over half my ticket to Boston. Let's see how this week went. Craigslist:
I paid 15.00 for this new bartop table. A designer bought it to stage a model home but the contract got cancelled. I sold it for $50.00. Remember these two pieces?
French dresser and nightstand. I had ask the My Dear Trash readers to help me price these pieces- (See the post here with before pics) Suggestions ranged from $200-$400 with most people averaging 250-300- Well you guys were right. I sold them together for $275.00. If you remember I had invested $150.00- so it's a nice profit. It took 6 weeks to sell these pieces, which is a little longer than usual- I wanted to let you know I've notice craigslist has slowed down for the summer here in Arizona. So, If you have things listed that aren't selling, be patient. Don't be too quick to lower your price during the summer months. Now, on to ebay... I was blessed one day at goodwill to find several new with tags dress pants all in plus sizes for just $1.00 each. They all sold for $8.00 a piece. Here's a few examples...

Dockers size 18 khaki pants
Dockers size 18 chocolate brown career pants.
Bloomingdales size 24 black career pants. I bought 8 or 9 pair that day and they've all sold. Here's some other top sellers...
Venezia by Lane Bryant size 16 jean capris, $11.00.
Ann Taylor size 14 embroidered skirt sold for $16.50.
Lands End size Xl navy blue knit dress sold for $16.92. Super great week- here's the totals...

Ebay Profits: This week: 371.67
Craigslist Profits: This week 325.00
This weeks Costs: 99.00 (clothes) -45.83 (ebay fees) -31.26(paypal fees) -165.00 (cost of craigslist items)
Total Profit: $355.58

This will complete the $550.00 for my ticket to Boston and start our fund for the actual trip.
Keep your success stories coming. Love, Kelly.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I am heading to Boston as well in September; I hope your trip will be a fun one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the hint that plus sizes must do very well? I've been trying to liquidate some basically brand new banana republic capris I own with similar pricing to yours and I'm barely getting any views (like 4 or 5 total) let alone any bids. Granted they are a size 2. Maybe that's the problem? I'll have to go see if I can find some plus size gems.

    I love your blog and am amazed you shop with your children. I two little ones and my stress levels go through the roof when I take them shopping! Great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I was just going through your site (love all the stuff), and saw that I was chosen as the Whippy Cake winner. I'm not sure how long ago this happened and am surprised I didn't notice this sooner. Is there anything you need from me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been so tempted to keep those dresser - they are beautiful!

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dresser and nightstand! Would u please email me the paint type and any coating you put on them? I would really like to redo a dresser and 2 nightstands I got for $20 the same way! migilb1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete