Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A little Window Finial

Here's something I picked up at the benefit sale for Leah...It's actually made of some type of plastic/styrofoam material. It's very light weight, but has great detail. With just a little Rustoleum's Semi-Gloss black, I was able to make this fit in with my style...
Here's an overall picture...She ties in nicely with my other decor in this room, but I really went back and forth on putting her above the door in that room, or above the window. We'll let her be for a few days and see what happens. Let me know what you think. Love, Kelly

Linking Up To:
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Penny Pinching Party @ The Thrifty Home
Look What I Made @ Creations By Kara
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts
Show Us What You're Working On @ Me And My Bucket
Be Inspired @ Room To Inspire
A Little Craft Therapy @ Life In The Pitts
We're Organized Wednesday @ Organize And Decorate Everything
Make It Yours @ My Backyard Eden
Show And Tell @ Blue Cricket Designs
Works For Me Wednesday @ We Are THAT Family
Show And Share @ Just A Girl
Sharing Ideas Wednesday @ The Trendy Treehouse
Idea Sharin Wednesday @ Women Who Do It All
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
We Did It Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
Bargain Brag Wednesdays @ Bargain Shopping Paradise
We Can Do It Cheaper! @ The Virginia House
Spotlight Yourself @ It's so Very Cheri

11 comments:

  1. Love the transformation -- it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I think I can see it more over a door, though. I like your shutters, too, a nice clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think it will look better above the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, but I also agree that it would be better above a door! I'm visiting with TRH, hope you visit me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project made me heart go pitter pat. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! It looks great painted black.

    I'm hosting a giveaway and I'd love it if you stopped by!

    Laura @ along for the ride

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,
    I actually have that item you made over. I had it over my master bedroom door until we did our recent master bedroom/bath remodel that I recently featured on my blog. I bought that item maybe 15-20 years ago through the Lillian Vernon mail order catalog. I was wondering whether to donate or redo. Now that I have seen your redo, I'll think I give mine a shot. I'll send you a message after mine is completed so you can see what I have done with mine.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya just gotta love those authentic styrofoam pieces! It looks great, I would have bought it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great! I don't think you can do it much cheaper than that! Thanks for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper @ The Virginia House

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great. Isn't it awesome what a little paint can do?

    Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy Session at Life in the Pitts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love it! The shutters are pretty enough on their own, so if you have a door that needs some sprucing up, I think it would be ok to move it there. :)

    ReplyDelete