Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

More beautiful used dresses of Dressember

Blythe Hill, the inspiration behind Dressember is such a cool lady. 
She's really started something.

One her website at dressember.com, she says what began in 2009 as a quirky style challenge with a clever name spread like wildfire. Put simply, Dressember is a month of wearing dresses. At its core, Dressember is a celebration of femininity and beauty.

In 2013, Dressember took on new meaning: opposing human trafficking by aligning with International Justice Mission. IJM is a human rights organization that works to rescue victims of slavery, sexual exploitation, and other forms of violent oppression.  I'm so grateful she has brought this organization into the spotlight.

What dresses have we been wearing to support such a beautiful cause?

December 24
Eden has become quite comfortable in front of the camera.  I adore her cute little poises and ideas.  She's a natural, that girl.  Here she is in a dress made by Carters we found at Goodwill for $2.99.


December 25
I am wearing a dress by Maurice.  I paid $5.00 for it at Goodwill.  New, it would run around $40.00.  The jacket, also from Goodwill is from Weavers, a brand sold at Urban Outfitters.  I paid $3.00 for it, new it runs around $49.00.  The counselor reminds me I'm not afraid of color.  I've always been very eclectic, making a great attribute for a girl who loves shopping and wearing trash.

December 26
This silky dress She's Cool (great name) was found at Goodwill's $1.00 day.  New, it runs around $40.00.


December 27
I found this Jones New York dress a few months ago for $5.00 at Goodwill's half-price sale they have every other Saturday.  
I wore it to the Glenn Beck event Raise The Standard I wrote about here.

December 28
This is what I wore on date night - American Eagle shirt I found for $1.00 and a CAbi skirt $4.00 from Goodwill.  New, this skirt runs around $80.00.  Date night was a bust, as the movie The Book Thief was sold out.  Still fun, we ran to a few Goodwills' and found the counselor a great pair of boots.  I'll showcase those later.  


December 29
Sunday, my boys all wore their vintage ties from Goodwill.  Handsome men, they are.
Mayer's was even a clip-on.
I think it's only fair I give up one of my days of Dressember to showcase them.  
Two more days of dresses to come!

3 comments:

  1. Cute!!! I totally just clapped and nodded my head while reading your post. Those curls on Eden and those dresses. I'm in awe. Everyone is so well dressed. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. amazing site.. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.. thanks for posting this site..

    ReplyDelete