Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let Dressember 2013 begin!

Last year, I had so much fun participating in Dressember.   The best part was I did it with my daughter, Eden and we wore all used/thrift store/garage sale dresses.  



Of course, I love to shop designer on the cheap.  That's half the thrill.  I don't really like photographing myself, but I do this for the love of fashion and all things thrift, a.k.a TRASH!

So . . . what is Dressember?  

Started in 2009 as a celebration of femininity and beauty, Dressember is simply the wearing of dresses every day of the month of December.  I love it because I have an excuse to buy/wear a beautiful dress and this year I will also shop every dress used/pre-owned.  Many of these dresses I will donate back.

Here we go:

December 1
Eden is wearing a Sister Sam designer dress from Neiman Marcus, found at Goodwill for $2.99.  Retail, these run about $90.00.  The top is a really soft cotton, but the bottom skirt and cuffs of the sleeve are silk.  It's just gorgeous (as is the little girl who's wearing it).

December 2
I am wearing a Girls from Savoy Anthropologie dress I found at Deseret Industries for $10.00.
 The original price tag of $158 was still attached.  Surprisingly, the dress was a perfect fit!

December 3
Eden is wearing a Youngland dress found at Goodwill for $2.99.  New, this dress will be around $25.00-$35.00.  I am wearing a DKNY black velvet skirt found at Goodwill for $1.00.  The jacket is from Jones New York and I paid $7.00 for it.  Both pieces are a bit vintage.

December 4
Eden is wearing a $1.00 skirt from Goodwill made by
Cherokee.  I love the little preppy look!

Tomorrow is $1.00 day at Goodwill and I can't wait to see what else I can find.  Hopefully, more dresses!
Click here to follow Dressember on their facebook page and let me know if you're going to participate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment