Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

April, moving wedding dressers and another Project Used

For many many years, the month of April has been my busy month.  
I had three babies born in April, so there's been a lot of celebrating around here.

Mayer turned nine.

Eden turned four.

And Payson turned 12.

There's been one to many birthday cakes, even an ice cream cake (with homemade graham cracker crust) I made for my baby brother Sam.

I think my little niece Ada is really looking forward to some of that cake.  

The counselor and I finally moved the "wedding" dressers (click here to read more about the wedding I recently hosted at my house) down to the shop at Antique Plaza.  Because the bride's colors were gray and cream, I painted an assortment of dressers to match.  Now, there are all for sale.  Cool, huh.



Cream and gray are really popular colors for furniture up-do's!




Wouldn't it be nice if I had a hobby, like collecting English tea cups or decorating birthday cakes.  
Moving all this furniture can be such a pain in the back, literally, but when I was a little girl, I used to help my dad move furniture a lot.  I remember him saying "Lift with the legs, not the back" so that's what I try to do. 
The counselor works wonders with the furniture dolly, so it seems more and more I'm just giving instruction.  I'm like an annoying backseat driver, but he loves me anyway.

And, this Saturday April 26, we are having another project: USED 
(click here to read more about an awareness campaign I've started with used dresses to prevent, offer support and raise awareness for sexual abuse).


Please join us 3:00 to 5:00pm at my home for a photo session. I provide the used dresses.  There are so many wonderful people working on this project, we have a lot of fun and you get to keep your dress.  Please contact me at lauralofgreen@aol.com for more information.

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment