Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

Dream, Love, Create Banners

A few months ago I created this "Love Is Sweet" banner for the Hansen reception. You can read about that here.
I decided to take it down to the shop a few weeks ago and it sold the first day.- So, I thought I'd make a few more. Back in the spring I picked up an entire box of vintage library check out cards at a school fundraiser- .25 for the box. I've held onto them, thinking they were cool, but not having a use for them.. Until now. This weekend I put them to use. Take a look...
I have this awkward space at the end of my hallway and just found this piece of vintage rusted metal ceiling tile at a garage sale for $20.00- It fit perfectly. I used the library cards as a backdrop for some sayings.
Although these cards already had a great patina- I added some brown and black ink around the edges to age them even more.
I just love how they turned out. The clips are from Tim Holt idea-ology line and come in packs of 15 for $2.99. I also made a "Love" and "Create" banner.
I'll be taking these down to the shop this week to see how they do. Also, we have an AMAZING, estate sale this weekend in Chandler- if you live close- can't wait to show you the pictures of the barn wood dining set, country hutch and accessories. Keep checking back. Love, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment