Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2015

What Color Should I Paint A Dresser?

Six more weeks until I have a baby and I’m trying to keep up with all I have/think/needs to be done around here.

What makes it difficult is I can’t bend.
Or walk very well.
And did I mention I’m still nauseous most days.

I’m surrounded by so many loving people.  My kids are keeping up and going the extra mile.  The counselor does most of the runs to the store and keeps up with literally bringing home the bacon.

My boys and the counselor are keeping up with “the family business” (that’s what we’re calling it around here now).  Mayer takes off and puts back on fixtures.  Payson does the sanding.  Chandler helps with painting.  The counselor does all the shopping, lifting and delivery to Antique Plaza and Merchant Square.  I’m mainly in charge of the "make-up" of a piece, meaning distressing, staining and waxing.  For the most part, we've been able to use oops paint on my pieces, but great paint colors in oops paint are hard to find these days.

So, I'm using the paint we currently have and keep painting many of the dressers the same color.

Tiffany blue

And gray.


Over and over again.


 Because I mix my own paint, the shades very slightly.

End tables and armoires included.


Seems like Tiffany blue and gray are the famous colors right now.   


Which works out great if those are the few paint colors you currently have.

I try to throw in the occasional white and black piece too.


White and black are great sellers too.




What's been most fun is I'm finally using my Christmas gift - the counselor got me a drill!

I love this drill.  I was a little intimated, but thanks to my 9 year-old son Mayer who loves working with tools, he figured it out and taught me how to use it.

Now, I'm making all sorts of things out of my dad's old barn wood (many of which sold before I was able to take photos).



Seriously, I dream in Tiffany blue and gray and power drills these days.
Linking up to:

54 comments:

  1. wish we lived closer because I had some good success with OOPS paint over the past year. I just donated paint to a friend who painted all their rooms with my 7 gallons of OOPS paint. Best wishes for stability during these last few weeks of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick question, whose Tiffany blue are you using? I love it~Along with the furniture shares~ Beautiful ! !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently, via inspiration from your lovely photos, painted some furniture, and as I had never done it before, used ordinary wall paint. The paint man at the shop was aghast!!! The furniture needs a few coats but all in all quite good! I am wondering about wax - I used a beeswax furniture polish and it was dreadful - no softness to the touch. What do you find works the best? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thank you very much for this excellent information.!!!
    i really appreciated, keep it up !

    check list of SPRAYER REVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this amazing information
    See thiss=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this amazing information. Keep it up Really appreciated
    see this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Informative Post. Great work Really Appreciated
    See this

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was surfing to find something amazing and found that excellent post

    ReplyDelete
  9. After searching for hours finally i found something that I can say helpful

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great platform that for such nice information website

    ReplyDelete

  11. Thanks for sharing this best information.
    See this

    ReplyDelete

  12. I hope you have the best understanding of blogs.
    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks alot for this beautiful information!
    please click here

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great piece of content. Exactly to the point and concise with all the information.
    read more..

    ReplyDelete
  15. very good information given by your blog.
    thanks! see more

    ReplyDelete
  16. very good information given by your blog.
    thanks! see more

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice to see this post! keep sharing such type of post.
    please have a look

    ReplyDelete
  18. its nice to be here.keep posting such content
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  19. its nice to be here.keep posting such content
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this amazing information.
    Read More..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks a lot for sharing that article with your audience.
    see more..

    ReplyDelete

  22. Thanks for sharing this amazing information.
    Read More..

    ReplyDelete
  23. its nice to be here.keep posting such content
    <a href="https://shanijunejo.picturepush.com/profile>click page </a>

    ReplyDelete
  24. very good information given by your blog.
    thanks! see more

    ReplyDelete

  25. it is nice content keep improve.
    thanks! look website

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great platform that for such nice information Have a Look keep up the good work.
    daivd

    ReplyDelete