Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Living with Injury is easier with peach crisp


Recovering from an ax-in-the-foot injury hasn’t been easy for the counselor, or for those of us who love him, but he’s fairing well.  The doctors are worried about infections like staff, so please keep him and his precious foot in your prayers.

Interesting, how the counselor put an ax in his foot and now, almost everyone who has heard about his injury share’s their own ax story with us.  He's like the ax-tell-all counselor!  We’ve heard about the ax in the knee cap, the ax in the shin, the ax hitting a chain-link fence only to jump up to hit them in the head and the climbing up to get an ax out of a falling tree.  To all those out there thinking of chopping wood or simply holding an ax, please be careful!

Food always makes me feel better, so this morning before the counselor hobbled off to work I made him a peach crisp.  These frozen organic peaches from Costco make it so easy.  
They’re washed, peeled and already sliced.  I pour a bunch of peaches into a cake pan, sprinkle with a little lemon juice and sugar, 
then add the crisp topping:
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
2 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon.
Mix ingredients and crumple on top of peaches.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and serve on a cute vintage plate to someone you love.
There's been little time for painting, but I was also able to finish this fun little mid-century piece.
Now, without my man to help me load, let’s see how I get it down to the shop!

1 comment:

  1. You should look into essential oils. I highly reccommend doTerra oils. There are oils that help get rid of and treat infections like staff. If you need more information let me know.
    brownali81@live.com

    ReplyDelete