Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Entryway Make-Over Before Shots

I've been hired to redo the entry way of a friend while she's away on a trip to Hawaii.  I'm just about done, but wanted to share the before pics.  She returns late tonight, so I'll post the afters Wednesday.  



Here's a before picture looking from her family room to the front door- it's a little dark, so let's get closer...

I'll try to take you around the room so you can see the details.  The first obvious design element here is the 1970's red velvet flocked wallpaper.  It wasn't too difficult to remove, except the it is original and they applied the baseboards over the paper as well as all the trim.  Several hours with an exacto knife and the walls were ready for paint.  The lace curtains frame the entrance into the very victorian living room.


Here's the next corner with an  antique telephone table that Laura painted and more victorian accents.

The next corner highlights her grandfather clock.



And then there's the main wall.  Sorry, this one's a little dark too!  There's a Beautiful black buffet that Laura also painted, accented with crystal victorian style sconces- wish I had taken a closer picture of those.   I can't wait to show you the after pictures- I've kept a FEW of the original pieces, stolen others from around her house and did a little shopping, a little crafting and I'm just about done.  Come back Wednesday for the big reveal!  Love, Kelly.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, sounds interesting. Can't wait to see the reveal. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete