Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

The gift of trash as a baby gift to a mother of 5

My friend Amberlee, beautiful, super skilled, most talented, always has a smile on her face and designer jeans on her cute little bod, exceptional taste in home d├ęcor, art and friends (just saying), exemplar in all things love and mother of not four, but five children.  

She just had her fifth little precious angel, a baby boy named Steele.

He’s beautiful and I asked if I could take some photos of her baby sent straight from heaven. 
Amberlee loved the idea.

Stepping inside Amberlee's home to set up for the photo shoot, I never noticed how organic everything is; rock stone-tiled floors, lots of plants; dark wood furniture that looks like it’s from an old European church, and this trunk.
“It’s trash,” she said, referring to the fact she purchased it at a thrift store.
Really!  Trash! 
I had to have little Steele photographed by this trunk.
I brought this retro table and little drawer too.

Here’s how the photo's turned out.

So, what do you give to a mother of five as a baby gift?  With three other boys, she already has the clothes, toys, bedding, stoller, etc.
Amberlee’s older children love to play outside.
When I found this teak wood rocker for $14.99 at Goodwill, I had an idea.
I already had these Anthropologie cushions I’d found out garage selling for $2.00 a piece.
This is what happens when trash collides.
Now, she can sit out on her front patio and watch the kids’ play, while she nurses that new little one.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Trash collision perfection. What a wonderful friend you are. Love the pics of Steele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Laura!

    And is photography your new venture? How creative of you! :)

    Edie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and Baby is just Gorgeous!
    I also love his name.
    When hes older he will probably Steele many hearts.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the trunk and you have done an amazing job on the rocker. What a cute little bubba, makes me a bit clucky...eek! Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete