Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Trash to Cash Wednesday!

I'm happy to report that business picked up a little on ebay this week. I didn't sell as many items as I normally do, probably because of the Thanksgiving holiday, but I had some nice big sellers. Let's take a look.Two weeks ago I picked up 3 pair of Big Star jeans at a garage sale- $4.00 each. You know I hate to pay more than $1.00 for clothes, but I was assured by my 21 year old that these jeans were from buckle, cost $90.00 and would do great on ebay. My daughter decided to keep one of the jeans for herself, but I listed the others on ebay. This size 31 long pair sold for 30.00.
Another pair of Big Star 31 long in a distressed style. They sold for $24.99
I originally bought these Nordstrom 100% Cashmere sweater pants as a wild card. Yes, they're cashmere, but who wears sweater pants. Apparently, lots of people wear sweater pants as these pants sold with 10 bids at $33.32.
You know how great we say Eileen Fisher can be. Well this weeks proves it again. These Eileen Fisher size Medium black knit crop pants sold for $35.00.
Another pair of Eileen Fisher size Large purple knit crop pants sold for $31.00. Here's how my week turned out...

Ebay Profits:$502.15
Craigslist Profits:0
Costs: 73.50(clothes), 78.83(ebay fees), 30.73 (paypal fees)
Total Profit: $319.09

Great week! Don't miss out on the Christmas rush- get your ebay items listed today. Also, I wanted to let those of you who are local know I'm hosting another estate sale this weekend in Phoenix. You don't want to miss this one. A house full of antiques and collectibles. You can get more information and see some great pictures here. I'd love to meet you. Love, Kelly.

5 comments:

  1. your sale looks to be in my area! I'll more than likely stop by. I hope you start to give some of the local estate sale companies a run for their money. They need some competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in india. bummer!! How to find best sellers on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sold 5 items on Ebay and made a profit of $34.85 after cost and fees.
    I was inspired by your Wednesday posts and outlined it a little like yours.
    By the way I'm friends with one of the founders of Big Star. They started in the 70's in their own home bleaching jeans. I'm off to see them in a few weeks. Little scruffy frugal me amongst the rich and famous. :-) I get super spoilt which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about looking at something and wondering who would buy it! It's great to take a chance and have it pay off though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've weondered about Big Star myself. I unfortunately puyt them back (about 2 months ago) Next time I won't!
    I love this feature Wednesday Trash to Cash. I look forward to it each week!
    I was just doing some beginning of the month eBay posting and thought I'd take a lil break and see what you sold this week! Way to go!
    Em @
    athriftyfind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete