Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trash to Cash Wednesday: Making Money while on Vacation

I love making money while I'm on vacation! I wasn't able to list items on ebay for the 10 days before I left for Boston because I wouldn't be able to ship them out in a reasonable time. However, while in Boston, I decided to relist all my no sale items 6 days before I was due home. That way all the auctions would end the morning after my return. Let's see how I did just listing items that previously didn't sell...This size small cute options summer dress from Anthropologie sold for $9.00.
Avenue size 14 black sleeveless dress sold for $9.00

Christopher and Banks size 12 black linen dress sold for $8.00. Right now it's really a mix of summer and fall, as some people are getting ready for the weather change. Here's some items that would never had sold 2 months ago...Express size xs hot pink cashmere sweater sold for $8.00

Sigrid Olsen size XL Pink Linen Jacket sold for $9.00

Tahari by Arthur S. Levine size 6 black blazer sold for $9.99. So, how did I do with my past no sale items...

Total sales: 294.46 (Made money while vacationing!)

The really great part is ebay had a special: No listing fees on your first 100 items (This special is going on for a few more weeks. If you've ever thought of trying ebay- now would be a great time) The other great part is that the cost of the clothes had already been deducted from previous weeks profits as these were all items that didn't sell when listed before. Of course there's paypal fees and ebay fees on the final sale price- but I didn't calculate those, I was on vacation afterall. Love, Kelly.

5 comments:

  1. So awesome to make money while your on vacation! I did ebay for a while....maybe I should try it again! Love your blog! Have a great day- stop by if you get the chance!
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I've started listing a few fall items too.

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's nice! Making money while away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love your posts that shows how much you made on your items. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete