Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Pie Safe Transformed!

Remember the pie safe I picked up 2 months ago for $25.00 at a yard sale? I love the piece, but with the 80's blue, the heart cut out and the missing glass it needed a little TLC.
First step... take it all apart and sand. I opted to remove the heart cut out piece on the top and just leave it plain.Sometimes, when doing a project, you need a new tool or two. I thought this piece would give me the perfect excuse to buy the paint sprayer I've been wanting.A big thank you to my father in law for loaning me his heavy duty air compressor.I had a little trouble figuring out exactly how much air vs. how much paint for the first little while on my new toy ( I hate reading directions) but by the time I painted the last piece I felt like I had the hang of it. Here she is all dressed up...A closer look...I'm not sure if the camera is showing off the new glass or not. We have a friend in the area that specializes in decorative glass. He brought us a ton of samples and we chose the "New German Antique" glass. I thought $100 was a great price for custom cut, decorative glass. It has just a subtle wave to it, so it doesn't completely distort what's being displayed inside. Here's another look...

Even closer...The knobs are from Hobby Lobby of course.

I'm sure I'll be changing up the display from time to time, but this is what I'm starting with...
So, we went from this...

To this...
Amazing what a little paint can do. Love, Kelly.

Linking Up To:

Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Look What I Made @ Creations By Kara
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts
Show Us What You're Working On @ Me And My Bucket
Be Inspired @ Room To Inspire
We're Organized Wednesday @ Organize And Decorate Everything
Make It Yours @ My Backyard Eden
Show And Tell @ Blue Cricket Designs
Works For Me Wednesday @ We Are THAT Family
Sharing Ideas Wednesday @ The Trendy Treehouse
We Did It Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
Bargain Brag Wednesdays @ Bargain Shopping Paradise
We Can Do It Cheaper! @ The Virginia House
Spotlight Yourself @ It's so Very Cheri
Get Your Craft On Thursday @ Life As Lori
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies And Jellybeans





10 comments:

  1. That turned out so neat...paint is the greatest thing going!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great redo! And I love the new knobs. Thanks for sharing this. Visiting from Trendy Treehouse creative share. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It's done! It looks great, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really looks great - it looks much better without the heart cutout and the knobs are perfect. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired this week.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation! It is now a fantastic cabinet. Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful. Yeah, that heart cutout had to go. I've been wanting to get a sprayer too, but am a little nervous about it. Thanks for linkig to We're Organized Wednesday. You did a beautful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Find... Im always looking for old furniture to redo... Looks Great!

    ReplyDelete