Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Dollar Day

The rush starts the minute I open my eyes and I jump out of bed. Dollar Day at Goodwill.

I get there early, it's just 9:00 am and look at the full parking lot.



My philosophy has always been there's plenty to go around, and trust me, there is.

I've never been one of those mean spirited shoppers, pushing others aside with my cart or jumping in front of a sweet lady only to grab the item that's just within her reach.

Where's the fun in that?

I'm the annoying shopper who's complimenting other people in line:

"Wow, that's a great lamp."
or
"How cute. I love the dress."

I can't help it. I love to shop and I have happy vibes the whole time.

Purple tags are a dollar. Let's see what we can find.


This is a strange t-shirt. It says: FYASKO - You are what you eat right
This shirt is just odd enough to sell.




Ah! My dear friend, Chico's Travelers. 95% acetate and 5% spandex of pure joy. These pants won't wrinkle and they stretch to fit just about any size body.





The martini-inspired print usually doesn't sell to well, nor does the citrus print. Any takers?



Sweet sister! Coldwater Creek Plus Size 18W Navy Pants. Perfect.




My inner-vintage child comes out when I spot items like this. If only I was a size 8, I think as my bulging belly bumps into the clothing rack.



J. Jill black career pants, are you for real? Let me pinch myself. I swear I see J. Jill in my dreams.



Did anyone really think these boy's were cute? Actually, I really like Justin Timberlake. I think he's a genius.



Somewhere out there, in this great big world, someone wears the Ferrari inspired clothing and I say "More power to you." I hope your dreams come true and you get a real Ferrari someday.



I'm happy to pay $4.99 for this FLAX shirt. Flax is a linen, artsy shirt that has a huge following. They're made in Europe and have a friendly positive affirmation on the inside tag-label, something like "Believe in yourself. You are beautiful." I'm sure this shirt will be one of my top sells this week.



Well, it's time to check out. Thank you, Goodwil, for giving this stay-at-home mom my weekly dose of roller-coaster riding thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment