Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2015

Staging or Not

There are so many things I love about re-doing/refinishing furniture.  


I love the blank slate.

How it begs to be reinterpreted.  

I love the finished product.



I love interpreting each piece.



But lately, well, things have been flying off the shelf and just out of sheer time, I've left one little thing out of the process.
Staging.



Staging has left the building.

I love staging - pulling out unique finds to accent a certain piece.  
The master of staging is Miss Mustard Seed.
Her staging is amazing.
(photo found here)

But lately, staging just isn't happening.
We're too busy.
The counselor delivers a piece to either Antique Plaza or Merchant Square before I get any staging done.


Bless his heart, he tries for a bit of staging, but it's just not the same.


Sometimes the photo looks really professional, fingers and all.

That's it.
And they still seem to fly.

1 comment:

  1. Since I live nowhere near Arizona and couldn't purchase one of your beautifully refurbished pieces, could you give some tips on how I could try to refinish a piece of my own furniture?

    ReplyDelete