Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Love in Disguise


I was doing homework with my seven year-old Mayer a few days again, teaching him how to tell time.  We were multiplying by fives, when Mayer stopped and looked up. 
Outside where I work, I had left my radio on K-LOVE; Christian radio and Mayer could hear the music.
“I love this song,” he said, listening for a moment and then went right back to counting out the minute hand on his worksheet.
The song Jesus In Disguise was playing; a song about seeing those who need love, who need help.  About reaching out and doing what He would do.  That’s the way to see Jesus.  Jesus is in disguise all around us.
And here was my son singing the lyrics to this perfect message. 
I didn’t even realize he had been listening to these songs on the radio, let alone memorizing the lyrics, but he plays outside near me while I work.
I used to listen to talk radio, political commentary and local news, but I found myself unenlightened.  Although I want to be informed, the bantering of one political group to another got me no where but stressed out about things I can’t control.  There’s a lot going on in the world I don’t like and if I let myself get caught up in it I feel discouraged, but I can control what I bring into my home.  My home is my sanctuary.  My home is my domain where I love and laugh and cry.  Listening to Christian radio has made a huge difference in my day.  How happy I am it streamlines into my little children’s minds too.   

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I listen to the cristian radio station on the dish through out the day while I do my daycare thing with my kiddos. I hope some day they can take away a message from their powerful lyrics. Hey btw I just got my copy of The memory catcher in the mail. I am enjoying learning more about your life and your families history. It is very moving. Thanks for sharing your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song..one of my favorites. I listen to to K-LOVE most of the time, and Dave Ramsey's radio archives! :)

    Margaret @ Live Like No One Else

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me about what our homes should be......a sanctuary. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your family and trashy finds Laura! I really do! But I just wanted to let Kelly know I miss her posts! I am sure she is a busy mama but we would love an update from her! :)

    ReplyDelete